Registered
3,103 Posts
What? No skateboard seat?

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What? No skateboard seat?
I know, right? Guess it doesn't work the same with the shape of the side covers on the 500T... :lol: but it does have the obligatory blackout on damn near everything including the kickstart lever (screwheads too, I'll bet)

·
Registered
111 Posts
I like flat black.
My recently rebuilt 79 limited edition cb750 is nearly all flat black now and will get there eventually.
Of course part of the reason is that the single-year model has some unobtainably expensive parts missing so a resto is not happening!

That said- he needs an exhaust and proper tail light to even hit $1000 in my book!

The unrealistic expectations of folks really does kill me.
I spent more rebuilding mine than I could sell it for and I damn well know it.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Shortened exhaust expertly sawed off at an angle to look, ya know... COOL What'd you say??? I can't hear a damn thing.
It's LOUD as hell so that means the bike must be really powerful right?
Oh I know.... Lets wrap up the exhaust because well... Everybody is doing it even though it does absolutely nothing to the bike's performance but damnit it looks badass so I gotta do eeet!
Oh yeah lets just paint the rims and everything else black because .... See badass
And because black means fast.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1974 CB500T

Rare indeed LOL
Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking... so rare, Honda doesn't even know about it

Shortened exhaust expertly sawed off at an angle to look, ya know... COOL What'd you say??? I can't hear a damn thing.
It's LOUD as hell so that means the bike must be really powerful right?
Oh I know.... Lets wrap up the exhaust because well... Everybody is doing it even though it does absolutely nothing to the bike's performance but damnit it looks badass so I gotta do eeet!
Oh yeah lets just paint the rims and everything else black because .... See badass
And because black means fast.
LOL... my sentiments exactly. I love flat and satin black, but not everywhere... I almost posted one yesterday that had the absolute worst wrap job I've ever seen. If I can find it today I'll post it, it's pretty hideous. Spending more time inside lately, Florida is starting to feel more like Seattle's reputation for rain lately - like everyday, some all day... can't wait for the hot and humid part of the summer to be over

·
Banned
854 Posts
I wrapped the pipes on my CX500 because it was the cheapest way to cover to rusty chrome and pitting. Sanded them down, painted with bbq grill paint and wrapped. Still looks good after 3 years. Also kept inside so wet/rust isn't really an issue.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And I hear you as far as cost is concerned - to me it was worth the $100 to get the pipes ceramic coated even though the "new to me" used set I got recently was rusted and pitted some as well... to each his own, but I still think they look better that way than the alternative, which also just doesn't fit into my bike's look.

20180719_120606.jpg

·
Banned
854 Posts
I hear ya, I spent less than $20 on the wrap plus I live on an island and there are no options for ceramic coating here. If I had wanted to do that it would easily been in the hundreds of dollars which would be the same as buying new pipes.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nobody in a big city near you that does it? I take mine to Tampa and it's a 60 mile ride one way but in the end, worth it

·
Banned
854 Posts
There probably is but any trip off island is a $100 before you start driving, packaging up and shipping the 2 into 1 exhaust is a pita and costly too, just isn't worth it for my funky CX(it's pretty bad ass actually).

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There probably is but any trip off island is a $100 before you start driving, packaging up and shipping the 2 into 1 exhaust is a pita and costly too, just isn't worth it for my funky CX(it's pretty bad ass actually).
Okay, I'm not familiar with the area so this might be a stupid question, but $100 to leave the island? Is it ferry only? As far as the CX being badass, I can't disagree - one of my "snowbird" riding buddies has a CX650 with a few minor things done to it and I've ridden it, it's definitely fast for its size and a blast to ride

·
Banned
854 Posts
Yes. Ferry ride is the only way to get a vehicle on or off and cars need reservations, motorcycles don’t.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts