Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1972 CB350
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Purchased this bike for cheap, engine is seized and no title. So starting from scratch but hopefully I don't get in over my head.
1972 CB350
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Luckily the previous owner drained the tank and it is very clean on the inside.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive wheel system Wood Tints and shades

It has low miles but as the engine is seized I don't think it matters much.

Watch Automotive tire Wood Clock Measuring instrument

I've started soaking the cylinders with PB but if you look closely the valve is open and rusty. So probably just going to have to tear it down.

Brown Liquid Fluid Circle Close-up

Also the previous owner took off the sidecover for the sprocket/clutch and it has no bolts so I will try and source some replacements this week.
IF anyone knows how I can get the bike in neutral i think it would be easier to free the engine as its stuck in first gear. Thanks for any replies!!

Sculpture Wood Metal Auto part Motor vehicle

HOPE I didn't post too many pics!!

· Registered
1972 CB350
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I've been waiting on the title but after soaking the pistons and no movement in the engine I decided it would be easier to just remove the engine and tear it down
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Also decided to pop off the cam chain cover just to see what I might be dealing with, surprisingly the tensioner is in really good shape.
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Grille

· Registered
1972 CB350
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I won't have much time this weekend to work on the bike but I really wanted to tear into the engine. I popped the valve cover off just to see the condition and I think I will be able to reuse most of the top end
Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Machine Nut

· Registered
28 Posts
Finding the original owner and getting him to give a new title has got to be the luckiest damn thing I've ever heard 😂. Sounds like your beyond the shifter, but you can always grab the smooth part of the shaft with a pair of vice grips and try to shift it that way. Done it before and you do t even have to mar up the splines too. Just got a 72 sl350 myself that I've been tearing into so love getting perspective on something that's about the same. Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts