Honda Twins banner

Race tech gold valve?

3K views 26 replies 5 participants last post by  drek30577 
#1 ·
Has anyone here done them on there bike. Are they good?

Planning on installing cb200 forks on my cb175 and installing the gold valve and springs for my weight.
Got cb200 forks and triple tree.

#3 ·
I had a full suspension package installed on a Sportster maybe five years ago. Total rebuild/replace of stock on both ends. Calculations and work was done by a local custom/race shop. Tailored specifically to my size (6'6" / 220) and riding style. I can't honestly say it was all worth the cost involved, but it was definitely an upgrade! RaceTech know their stuff. Not the only ones out there and I'm in no position to judge how they stack up to the competition, but I liked mine. Their presence in and support of flat track racing is just one more reason (for me) to support the business.

...if that helps. :grin:

Reactions: I-Ride-A-ホンダ
#4 ·
I have them in an unfinished project bike, no miles on them though. If you're interested in experimenting with them on the cheap (like I did) have a look at eBay for some imported knock-offs that fit the inside diameter of your fork tubes with 1-3 millimeters wiggle room, its a really simple design and dollar for dollar they're probably not very different from the brand name units. The race-tech website has all of the info you'd need to do the setup yourself too.

#5 ·
Don't get the wrong idea. I'm a confirmed cheapskate! :D I might give em a shot on a similar "project."

For reliability and most of all, product support though, RaceTech are good people. If you do hit a snag, try calling China for advice to work it out. :-?

Reactions: I-Ride-A-ホンダ
#8 ·
You'll need to get creative with the gauge bracket, if you intend to use your existing speedo and tacho, as the mounting studs on the pre K7 clocks are in a different position to the ones on the K7 and CB200 clocks. I ended up making my own bracket when I did the reverse, fitted CB200 clocks to my K4 175.

#12 ·
Problem I found was that the 175 bracket won't fit the CB200 top yoke, and there is not enough metal in the CB200 bracket to space the mounting holes further apart to suit the 175 clocks.

CB200 top yoke and mounting bracket.

Auto part

Which is why I made up my own bracket to fit CB200 clocks to a K4 175 top yoke.

K4 bracket and my home made bracket. Note spacing of mounting holes.

Auto part

#19 ·
I'm not sure if attitude or levity was the intent. Its usually most beneficial to read the best or even silliest intent into the words others use.

You have both explained the differences between forks and clock mounts so well, even I was able to follow along.
Thank you both.

#23 ·
Seals are done plus some cleaning.The left Fender is cg125 that was cut to fit a cb175 the right fender is a cb200 mount points are way diffrent

View attachment 274190 View attachment 274192 View attachment 274194
I'm pretty sure that Richard Pitman covered that in another thread when he fitted a generic cg125 fender to one of his builds.
The cb200 forks for the drum hub are the same parts as the cb175 k7. Honda recycled parts first, then redesigned them.

#27 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.