Honda Twins banner

Question. Case split without head and cylander removal?

757 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  kyler.barnes 
#1 ·
Let me know if this is possible. I have a cl175 K0. Has the sloper engine. I need to get the kickstart gear out so I need to split the case. Can I do this without breaking down the rest of the engine? I have the engine out and on the workbench. I also need to free up the clutch plates. Just don't want to break down more than I have to. Also is there any special tools I will need? I heard there is a specific tool for the clutch as well as the oil filter.

#2 ·
Let me know if this is possible. I have a cl175 K0. Has the sloper engine. I need to get the kickstart gear out so I need to split the case. Can I do this without breaking down the rest of the engine? Yes... I have the engine out and on the workbench. I also need to free up the clutch plates. Just don't want to break down more than I have to. Also is there any special tools I will need? I heard there is a specific tool for the clutch Snap-ring pliers... as well as the oil filter "special pin socket"
Answers in BLUE... Or phone ************

#3 ·
Thank you! Just got started and here is some of what I found. They used silicone or some liquid gasket materiel on both sides of the covers. Also the housing for the clutch plate has been damaged as well as a cast piece of the lower case that is meant to keep the kick start from turning too far. Some metal shards were found in the bottom. Also looks like someone tried to remove the oil filter without the tool and broke one of the wings off.

Attachments

#4 ·
To get the filter cover off remove the center screw first then grab an 8mm bolt. Thread the bolt into the cover until it bottoms out against the crankshaft and it will push the cover off. Those little ears on the outside are there so you can turn it a bit, to get the cover started back in the hole.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.