Honda Twins banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My CM400T requires a 15A fuse and two 7A fuses. I can't readily find them at the local hardware stores, nor at Canadian tire, also tried an auto parts store. The bike as I got it had three 30A fuses in the fuse box. They seem to work fine. What's the story with these fuses? Can I just run with the 30A fuses, or should I try and find the required ones. Anybody have a good source in Canada for fuses as well? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
You can run them if you feel lucky. 30 amps is enough to melt the wiring.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
You need metric fuses. Motorcycle shop should have them, or, you could convert the fuse box to blade connector fuses.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
I feel lucky!
Famous last words.

Personally, I wouldn't take that chance.

It's like wrapping a fuse with tin foil or eliminating fuses altogether.

·
Registered
805 Posts
What happens is that a wire can short which bypasses all the resistors present in an electrical system, returning via a new path to the battery with much lower resistance. Since Voltage/resistance= current this leads to very high current (too high for wiring/sensitive electrical components), wiring melts/components melt hello electrical fire and/or completely fried electrical system. Or you could use a fuse which will blow under high current, breaking the circuit/stopping the current before it destroys the rest of your electrical system

Look on cmsnl/revzilla/etc. fiches for cm400t fuses and call the honda shop with the part number so you don't waste a trip

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
The other problem that takes place using automotive fuses is that they are too long to have both ends making complete contact with the brass fuse holder clips. The result is the partial contact end will overheat and melt the fuse block.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts