Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I am fairly new to the site, have been lurking for a while and have learned a great deal from some of you guys. I picked up a 75 cb360t about 2 weeks ago, its completely dead, but my intentions are to have it running by the time the snow melts away. so far me and my friend have taken apart the carb (NASTY LOOKING THING) and have cleaned it out.

I was just on ebay and noticed some guy has a seat for a 76 that is in great condition. seeing how the seat on my bike has a rip and now has moss growing out of it (from sitting outside for so long) will this seat fit? I am hoping to score it at a fraction of the cost to re-upholster it and then it would still be original!

anyways any help is appreciated and I will be posting pictures and more updates as there is progress.

THANK YOU!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And also, I know this question has probably been asked 3456235 times but is there an easier way to get rust of my exhaust other then using neverdull? just seems like its going to take a really long time to get it spotless.

Would it be an idea to let them sit in some kind of CLR product inside of a crate or something like that?

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
Alex...Not CLR! the correct stuff is "Milkstone remover" or MSR...Available at farm supply type stores.... About $40 for 5 gallons here in VA....... It's a phosphoric acid solution....Mix it 50/50 with water for use..... Then just soak the parts....

I believe the seat WILL fit, but, any differences should be in the pan, so you could always switch the foam and cover to your pan......
Steve

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi,alexwilsoncb360t:

Could you take some pictures of your bike's harness and wire for me when you do your work on your bike?

I have a 1974 CB360 and wire&harness was messed up.
IF I can get some pictures of those harness (like the coil, some wire mounted around battery bracket, air box and wire mounted behind side cover...), it will very helpfull to let me work out those wires.

My post is here.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=225

Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah not a problem at all! Like I said I already started to take the carb apart and wish that I would have taken pictures to show the before after but I did not have a camera at the time. any work here on in will be recorded and hopefully others can benefit from this experience!

side note, I know that there is a lot of smack talk about cb360's but I think its a rad looking bike! (keep in mind it is my first bike, that I have only had it for 2 weeks and that I have not heard it run yet hahahahahahahahahahahaha)

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
Alex.... You are one of the "newer to motorcycles" guys here, so I am asking your opinion.....Would a topic containing directions on "checking-out" new aquisitions, prepping them and test starting them be helpful? "new owner 101.." or something like that...... Steve

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh yeah man, for sure... kinda like an initial breakdown on fixing up and/or taking care of your beast? that would be really helpful since I am kinda jumping into this not really knowing too much what I am doing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts