Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with the quality of vesrah or k&l engine parts such as valves, valve guide, cam and primary chains, and cam chain tensioner? I'm looking to replace some parts on my build (1980 CB750F).

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I've used Vesrah gaskets quite a few times and have had good luck with them, but I bought a set of Vesrah rear brake shoes in the last year and they were horrible - weren't even square to the drum and had no stopping power at all as a result. can't speak to much of anything else they make. I'd try to source OEM engine parts when at all possible, I know they're more expensive but if you look hard enough you can find the best price and have the peace of mind that they will be reliable

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
I had a real bad time with aftermarket gaskets. I don't know the brand but the paper was thin and I dealt with leaks around the cylinder base gasket and cam bearing block on my 450 DOHC. I now make my own from 1/32 or 1/16 FelPro gasket paper. I use a x-acto knife, self healing cutting pad and a Harbor Freight punch. It is just too easy and you get a better gasket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts