Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had to replace the tank on my 72 CB350. I ended up getting a CL tank for a great price. I love the look of the CL tank, but the CB seat is too short now. I'd like to fix the gap between the tank and the seat, but am very new to riding and mechanics. If I order a CL seat, is it easy to swap out a CB seat for a CL seat so it'll fit the tank? Do I need to order a new seat pan? I'm a newbie... help!!

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
The seats swap easy. Just look at where it connects at the hinge.
A CL seat will fix the gap issue, just make sure you get the side hinge and not the earlier rear hinge seat. I'm in LA and if you're not too far then I can come by to help

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
So I think his REAL question is are the base seat pans for the CB & CL the same or different lengths.

If all they did was add some foam to the front of the same pan he could order up replacement foam and cover.

I don't know the answer anyone ?

·
Registered
893 Posts
So I think his REAL question is are the base seat pans for the CB & CL the same or different lengths.

If all they did was add some foam to the front of the same pan he could order up replacement foam and cover.

I don't know the answer anyone ?
I do I do!

The pans are different along with the foam. The hinges are spaced the same. The difference is in the front of the pan and is quite obvious side by side. I'll try to post a picture later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts