Honda Twins banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi - when I bought my 350 I didn't even know what a pod was, let alone to look for whether mine had them or to ask if it had been re-jetted - now that I know stuff, I've got to ask: should I keep the pods? or go back to the stock air boxes?

I see the stock ones on ebay pretty regularly - other than restoration value, do they have any advantages/disadvantages over the pods?

my engine only gets up to about 7,000 RPM - after that, it starts to make hard clicking noises and the bike actually decelerates so I think I need to inspect my carb jets in the very near future - considering that I'm going to look at the jets, should I look at replacing the air boxes as well?

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I am no expert but I have had problems with old but clean stock paper filters. I think with age they wont let enough air pass through even if they are clean. I just had some on a CL450 that were clean looking but the original ones from 1970 and the bike was running very rich. I cleaned and then replaced the jets,and set the float levels with no change to the ruch running. When I cut out the paper element and glued in some UNI foam filter material the bike started running leaner and the plugs are reading good now.
Don

1 - 2 of 2 Posts