Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wish I knew how to keep adding pics without replying to myself everytime I post one.Give me a spanner any day.Anyway sort that bobbed mudguard weld a few holes up(not having winkers)-this may be a long job to get it right so lets make a start

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The idea is to get a black bomber as good as the red so will keep swapping for best bits I have.Original honda DID rechromed wheel & non gaiter front forks now fitted.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Out of all my bombers this is the only one that has a grease nipple on the footbrake ?(Zoom in on last pic).Everytime I rebuild one of these I find a new question.mmmmmm

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Aluminium welding fork legs.

Had to get a mate to sort the mudguard pinholes on this leg.Done a good job must be one of the poorest parts of a cb450 .All bar 1 of my 450's have needed work in this area.One of the few things I've not been able to do myself.Will have to go on an aluminium welding course next time I retire.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The leg above is not from the pic above that if you get my drift,its for my next project.Found it far easier with a bit of Ray's advice to get things ready as you find them.Rebuilds seem to go a lot quicker that way.Anyway thanks to whoever it was put me in touch with vintage connections.com.The sleevings perfect and just in case anybody's doing the same you can get all headlamp wires through the 8mm size tube but you do have to rewire all new sockets on the ends.
I'm running without indicators and its a tight fit so use the 12mm if you need indicator wires also.Regards Chris.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Latest rebuild pic.Put this tank on just to start engineRuns fine even without rear pipes.Now waiting for rechromed tank panels & a few other bits & bobs to do.Seat cover to be changed & chrome buttons/strap etc. at later date.Regards Chris.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts