Honda Twins banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I made up a PDF that you can print out and use make a float adjustment tool—for the Keihin 14h carbs commonly found on stock CB/CL450's as well as 14C upwards for all CB450 and CB500T twins. Plus CL versions.

Use an old credit card, gift card or your no longer useable Blockbuster card. Measurements are according to Bill Lane's method.

Click this link and save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ncbx7v11fueakp7/Float-Adjustment-Template.pdf

·
Registered
9,796 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would help if you posted the carbs/models it is for. Thanks for posting it.
Good call, I'm not entirely sure what gamut of carbs this adjustment tool will cover, but it will work on the stock CB/CL450 carbs that require a 20mm level nonetheless.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ha! I tried it and it didn't work. It's there now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Can't see pic. I'm looking all over trying to figure out how to do this correctly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is this template still available? The link is dead. If anyone has a copy they would be willing to share, that would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Is this template still available? The link is dead. If anyone has a copy they would be willing to share, that would be much appreciated.
Last post by the OP was almost 3 years ago. Maybe 74shovel will respond, the other repliers haven't been active in a long time

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm pretty sure I have the template saved on my drive at work. I'll take a look tomorrow.

·
Registered
342 Posts
You do not need the template....just measure and cut an old gredit card or
similiar item. I make a float gauge for what ever carb I am working on
out of what ever is available. The last one was cardboard. worked fine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts