Honda Twins banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the options people use for riding with prescription glasses in the sun?
I have a Bitwell Lanesplitter (fullface), my glasses fit without a problem.
Do i get a tinted visor and swap out before dark? seems a pain and Where do i store clear one
Do i get prescription sunglasses?
transitions?
Over the glasses type goggle?

Any ideas truly appreciated and thanks
my old helmet had a flipdown tinted visor
PS: i love the lanesplitter

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
I've had glasses for 60+ years. I used to use a tinted visor, light smoke, all the time even at night with clear lenses. Bright sun I used prescription sun glasses. Latest helmet is a Scorpion that has a flip down dark visor that works really nice so I don't need to carry an extra pair of glasses with me.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I second LDR, the flip down internal sun visor is perfect.
I tried a friends and it was great (AGV) and then I tried one on at the bike show a Duccine? And it was much closer to my face so caught my glasses - fail.

Whenever I go anywhere in the car or on the bike (engine or pedal) and start off with my prescription sunglasses, I always take my regular glasses with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have used Polaroid prescription lenses for my sunglasses for years and I love 'em. They always outlast my more expensive poly-carbonate coated lenses, as nothing deteriorates with the Polaroid lenses as coated lenses are prone to do. Also, if you look into the water you can see fish without any reflections.

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Latest helmet is a Scorpion that has a flip down dark visor that works really nice so I don't need to carry an extra pair of glasses with me.
I have a Scorpion as well with the internal visor, works great. No need to carry anything extra, very convenient.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
+1 on 5he Scorpion helmet, did anyone else remove the chrome plastic 'S'?

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
I use a 20 dollar walmart over the glasses type sunglasses.
They have come a long way and look pretty good.
Got tired of swapping out the visor.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have magnetic clips in the car but on the bike, I find the clip moves around a bit. I think i will see if i can find cheap prescription sunglasses. cheers guys and thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
I have magnetic clips in the car but on the bike, I find the clip moves around a bit. I think i will see if i can find cheap prescription sunglasses. cheers guys and thanks.
I am thinking about that as well
Check out clearly.ca
I heard they are cheap

·
Registered
6 Posts
What do you normally do for sunglasses? A friend seems to have pretty good luck with some tinted lenses that just clip on to her regular glasses. For me personally the inner flip down tinted visor seems to work well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts