Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello every one, yesterday I noticed a weired popping (not loud, I'd say less noisy than the sound of the exhaust but loud enough to distinguish it) so I crawled under the bike and saw a very small hole in the power chamber, so small I won't bother posting a picture (a little rectangle 1mm x 3mm) so today I removed the powerchamber to have it patched but as I started moving it around I could hear the internals moving around, I moved the chamber some more and some piceces fell out.
I am not sure about what to do, I am sure I can patch the hole and pretend nothing happened and I probably wouldn't ever notice but that wouldn't feel right.

I really want to keep both the powerchamber and the dual exhausts, that leaves me with some options:

1) Buy a new one but that would be 237€ (280 USD) without shipping, that's not cheap so it might be worth it getting a non-oem one or a performance one, a quick google search suggests me that none of the previous exists, so if someone knows of non-oems or perfomance parts that would be very apreciated

2) Angle grind the chamber open and try welding everything back together, the problem with this aproach is I don't know any shop that is able to do this so I would have to learn to weld from 0 (all of this assuming what I find in the chamber it's not in in a milion pices and can still be welded). I even used a probe to look inside but that didn't help the space it's too narrow and the camera can't focus

3) Have an H pipe or an X one instead of the chamber, but I know the chamber is tuned in a way to be a nice spot in between the two, if someone has an H or X setup I would like to hear how it feels compared to stock

If you have any idea or suggestion I will be happy to hear it

EDIT: I have a honda CB 400 N (or T depending on where you live)

·
Registered
342 Posts
When I got my CB400T the collector box was hanging in shreds. I found a used one on CL for $40.00 + shipping.
I kept the air box and collector box in place to avoid the struggle with pod filters and custom pipes.
It was worth it to me to keep the bike as stock as possible.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Any of the CB/CM 400/450 power chambers will fit your bike. I'd suggest the 450 version purely from the fact that the internal curved section is relief drilled so under higher volume/rpm the exhaust can travel straight thru instead of turning the bend, more power then.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's the kind of tip I was looking for, If I am spending a lot of money to buy a new one I might as well get the one from the 450, thanks a lot

1 - 8 of 8 Posts