Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally diagnosed my CM400E as having a bad crank bearing, meaning I need either a new crankshaft or whole new bottom end of a CM400 engine. Feeling out prices and availability to influence my decision. PM me if you can offer parts, information or insight pertaining to my issue. Local to RI, Southern MA, Northern CT.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I have a 400 series that I've already parted out the top end. I could ship the bottom to you for the cases and crank. I would leave the transmission and all that junk as is, but it is missing the kick shaft, I believe.
I also have a 450 bottom already disassembled. I could send you the cases and crank and carrier... Or a variation of. I'm not sure what combo parts you would need or if you would need additional. It would be best if you didn't need the upper case as it has a stuck bolt. I was going to melt it out with some alum, but it's not been a priority.
I'm in Los Angeles.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately I think shipping from LA is a little out of my price bracket... I wish I was closer, sounds like you've got exactly what I need.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts