Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/mcy/d/classic-honda-450-motorcycle/6423979995.html

[h=2]Classic Honda 450 Motorcycle - 1972 - $1190 (Portland) hide this posting[/h]
image 1 of 4

[FONT=&quot]

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

NE 202nd Avenue at Glisan
(google map)
1972 Honda CB450

condition: good
fuel: gas
paint color: custom
title status: clean
transmission: manual

[/FONT]
Low Miles - 13,165
$1,190 firm

CB450
Garaged continuously since new. Custom paint has a couple of minor scratches. Has custom seat but also have the original side covers, original tank, original seat and many spare parts included.

Two helmets included.

Vintage motorbike open air highway backroads fun cruising

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
This bike has a lot of pristine parts on it. It would be easy to set it back down to stock height, replace the fork boots and paint it. A good stock left muffler is nearly impossible to find. I looked for three years to find one. It is in the rafters in my garage. I'm seeing clean stock 450s in Seattle going for $3500+ The market is blowing up on the classic Hondas. Try to find a nice '72 CB750. I found a two owner '69 750 in Chicago. It was a sandcast and the owner was asking $15000. It hadn't been ridden in 15 years.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Good grief, it's 1970 again!

Reactions: ancientdad

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
I kinda like it how it is, drop the forks like James said and make it ride good. I wouldn't paint it. Way better than all the drab blacked out drivel people like nowadays. Get the chrome shined up. I bet it'd run good with not too much work.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Good grief, it's 1970 again!
Best quote of the day there!

I kinda like it how it is, drop the forks like James said and make it ride good. I wouldn't paint it. Way better than all the drab blacked out drivel people like nowadays.
Lefty - I agree with you on all the blacked-out stuff today (and drivel is a great word for it). would your wife like that king and queen seat? nice big backrest on that sissy bar... almost like a recliner. leave the front forks as is and do the Easy Rider touring thing

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Lefty - I agree with you on all the blacked-out stuff today (and drivel is a great word for it). would your wife like that king and queen seat? nice big backrest on that sissy bar... almost like a recliner. leave the front forks as is and do the Easy Rider touring thing
I looked around for a pic of my 71'cb750 we took on our honeymoon. Coffin tank, King/queen seat, drag pipes, chrome highway pegs, the whole nine yards. I sold off most of the chopper parts for a pretty penny. It's waiting for its dream restoration and a two up trip to see the redwoods someday. I post it if I find it.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I looked around for a pic of my 71'cb750 we took on our honeymoon. Coffin tank, King/queen seat, drag pipes, chrome highway pegs, the whole nine yards. I sold off most of the chopper parts for a pretty penny. It's waiting for its dream restoration and a two up trip to see the redwoods someday. I post it if I find it.
Nice! I wish I'd been financially able to keep one of my SOHC 750s from back in the day... and I went for a ride with my local buddy who owns 2 CBXs yesterday and now I'm scheming to sell my V65 and look for a CBX - can't get there without selling one of my current two, and it ain't gonna be the 450!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts