Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently rebuilding my CB360 engine (378 once I'm finished) and thought I'd have a crack at polishing the cyclinder head fins.
The fins on these are really narrow so I had to take a fair amount of material off to get a flat surface. Happy with the result and recon it's worth the effort if you're considering having a crack at doing it yourself.
Had some porting work done too while I was at it.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Looks really good, and with your new top end hopefully it will breathe a little better as well and take full advantage of the bigger soup cans :D

·
Registered
624 Posts
You do want to be careful with porting work on these small Hondas. At best, you want to match the port to the intake boot so there's no "step" or "ledge" that will cause turbulence, and also smooth out casting seams. Attempts to re-shape the ports (particularly lowering the floor of the port so that there's more of a straight shot from the inlet to the valve seat) will more often than not ruin your idle and low-rpm performance, giving you a bike that has a 1,000 rpm wide power band.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Old Putz, that's exactly the brief I gave my machinist, as I had read similar comments on here previously. Intake ports have just been cleaned up to smooth out casting defects, while exhaust ports have been opened up a little to match the diameter of pipes. ?

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts