Honda Twins banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess an intro is due, as this is my first post on this forum... I bought a '73 CB350 about a month ago, and having a great time tinkering with it...not much riding, as I started addressing all sorts of maintenance issues at once. If all goes well it should be back on the road in a few days. I'll confess, I've been a lurker for a bit, but thanks for all the clear info you hondaheads have posted on this site. Much more clear than 2 service manuals combined! Really. The Honda and Haynes manuals I have access to assume one has more basic bike knowledge than I have, so I'm glad this resource exists.

So here's my question, and a simple one... what is the correct type of oil to apply to the felt pad that lubes the points cam so that it doesn't foul things in there?

Just replaced the points and condenser with a Daichi set. Hope that was a good choice...they seemed to fit well...we'll see how I did on static timing when I go to fire it up in a few days.

Regards -
Mark

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
Mark... I just use (sparingly) a drop or two of regular 30 wt ND engine oil... The secret is to not apply too much, and occaisionally re-oil when needed.... A friend uses di-electric grease in the "notch" of the points cam follower..... Older bikes, (especially point-type) are much more maintenance intensive than modern bikes....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts