Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the size of the 4 bolts for the points and points plate? Not the cover plat. But the bolts underneath that hold the points in. I have an opportunity for some free socket head ones i just need the sizes. Any parts list i can find only gives sized for the cover plate. Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Does anyone know the size of the 4 bolts for the points and points plate? Not the cover plat. But the bolts underneath that hold the points in. I have an opportunity for some free socket head ones i just need the sizes. Any parts list i can find only gives sized for the cover plate. Thanks
I just replaced all of those bolts with socket head types, and if you can wait overnight I can pull them out and send you the list. I recall that the bolts for the points themselves were pretty small and use a 3 MM Allen key, so must be M4Xsomething. The points plate bolts were bigger, I'm thinking M6Xsomething. I'll get back to you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just replaced all of those bolts with socket head types, and if you can wait overnight I can pull them out and send you the list. I recall that the bolts for the points themselves were pretty small and use a 3 MM Allen key, so must be M4Xsomething. The points plate bolts were bigger, I'm thinking M6Xsomething. I'll get back to you.
I just checked the old bolts lying around on my workbench, and first guess is that the points bolts are M4X7MM and the points plate bolts are M6X10MM (but let me verify that in the morning.)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well, I couldn't wait. I removed my points cover and took out one or each of the bolts I'm using:

Points - M4X6MM - I couldn't find socket heads this size so am using cross-head (Philips) until I find them.
Points plate - M6X12MM

All are stainless steel.

Caution!! Don't use bolts any longer than 7mm for the points, or they'll interfere with the advance rotor/points cam and you'll hear bad noises while they're being ground off. Ask me how I know.

Reactions: ancientdad

·
Registered
204 Posts
if you google Common Motor Collective go to CB450 parts they sell the Allen key (socket head) as a kit for a few $

1 - 6 of 6 Posts