Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was gonna change plugs and I still plan to. Was looking on the microfiche and doesn't show individual wires that I can tell. What is the usual change or I am missing something. TIA

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
The SOHC 450's have the wires incorporated into the coil, not replaceable. That's ok since the are a metal core wire and unlike the common graphite they virtually never fail. You can check the secondary resistance of the coil bu using a probe in each wire with a VOM set to ohms. Spec is 7.2K to 8.8K ohms.
I would replace the plug end caps since they're probably original, NGK part # XD05F. They are 5K ohm resistance pieces

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The SOHC 450's have the wires incorporated into the coil, not replaceable. That's ok since the are a metal core wire and unlike the common graphite they virtually never fail. You can check the secondary resistance of the coil bu using a probe in each wire with a VOM set to ohms. Spec is 7.2K to 8.8K ohms.
I would replace the plug end caps since they're probably original, NGK part # XD05F. They are 5K ohm resistance pieces
so whats the alternative if you have a bad wire?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts