Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please excuse my ignorance...I have yet to pull the seat and lift tank to check but here it is....is the plug wire a seperate unit that can be replaced on a 1975 CB360T or is it one with the coil? My left plug wire has been rigged by previous owner due to a cracked plug wire cap. With all the fussing with the wire by screwing a cap in, the wire itself is trashed and in need of repair. I am looking for a little help...is the wire independent and replaceable from the coil, or hard wired directly in and better replaced as a whole unit? thanks men. JC

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Unitized...... Clip 1/2" off wire, rescrew on plug cap.... or replace coil

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Does anyone on here have any write-ups or experience with going in surgically with a dremel cut off wheel to get access to where the plug wire terminates into the coils? I'm thinking of cutting into my coils to replace the wires if it's possible. I don't want to cut them up if it's definitely -not- possible, but I'd take photos and post a write-up if it is indeed possible to cut the plastic housing of the coil and replace the wires and reseal them with epoxy.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have no spark on either of my leads when I removed the cap I only saw like to wires inside the lead. should I try this to see if I get spark?
I mean cutting and reinstalling the cap.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Insert a small nail and see if it will spark to ground (small gap, hold in insulated pliers) If the nail sparks its a bad cap...if it doesn't, cut a smidge and try again.....There's about a dozen strands in there somewhere....

·
Registered
82 Posts
Still no spark. I didnt try a nail but I did clip the lead a bit not a half inch though. I saw alot more wires in there but still no spark.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Are the points breaking? (opening and closing?)... try manually while watching for spark... ("kill" switch set to "run"?...Key on? )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts