Honda Twins banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so ive been on this site for a little while now, i have learned a lot of stuff and seen alot of cool bikes and projects. The reason i am making this post today is becuase i am trying to wire my cb360 from scratch. I literally only have the components and no wiring except from the stator. I bought new coils, reg/rec, starter solenoid, flasher relay and headlight and tail/breaklight/rear turn signals in one led strip light. For handle bar controls i have the stock left hand switch and an after market right hand switch with only on/off and starter buttons. I will post pics of everything soon. So i will explain what i need help with. So to start i started wiring up the reg/rec and splicing the white wire into the yellow from there i wiried up the starter solenoid then the fuse box then ran the correct wires to the ignition and coils. From there i ran into a road block trying to wire up my new right hand switches, but honda twins helped me out with that once i figured that out and tested the starter and it worked great. I went on to wire up the left hand switch to the turn signals and headlight, i didnt mention my headlight has integrated turn signals in it. I wired everything up as per the manual or at least i tried to and nothing worked, then i checked everything moved some stuff around and i got the taillight to come on but only when the key was in the park position and when i put it in the on position only the breaklight and turn signal would work except the turn signals were dim and were not flashing the headlight and front turn signal didnt work at all. What i was wondering is if it has something to do with me not having head light control switches like with the bike came with on the stock right switch. If that is the case there has to be something i can do to get this to work.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those are pics of the headlight wire diagram tail light wore diagram and pics of my switches along with pic of the right switch wire diagram.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Do you have a complete wiring diagram like everything one one page so we can trace it out.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
When have a lot of elec issues on a bike I charge and install the battery. then install the battery and connect the ground wire only. I make up a jumper wire for the plus side then using other jumper wires I test each section at a time making sure it works before moving on to the next. I dont hook up the switch until I know everything is working. Right, wrong ? It works for me.

Bill

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know how to wire the charging system up and then get it to work with the aftermarket rightside switch. I need to try and figure out how to wire that all up with the stock leftside switch and get it to run the taillights and blinkers and the hi lo for the headlight correctly. I was just thinking that maybe i need to wire in a separate power switch for the headlight.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry for the double pics. I was trying to get pics of the diagram that were not sideways. Anyway i hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
I know how to wire the charging system up and then get it to work with the aftermarket rightside switch. I need to try and figure out how to wire that all up with the stock leftside switch and get it to run the taillights and blinkers and the hi lo for the headlight correctly. I was just thinking that maybe i need to wire in a separate power switch for the headlight.
Headlight doesn't need separate switch if you have one on right side cluster. It's easier to cut ground lead and fit switch on that so you have 'full voltage' for starting.
If your using the electric start, you either re-wire to remove the clutch over ride or use stock wiringPersonally I use late model R/R and wire the AC to each phase (3 to 3)
Removing starter system saves about 12~13 lbsplus simplifies wiring, you don't need various 'cross over' wires from left to right switches except for the headlight switch (if you have one)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts