Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my cylinders bored on my SS125A. The rings were a little different than the stock rings, hence my question.

I know how the bottom oil ring goes and the top compression goes. Letters up.

So that is how I positioned the middle scraper ring with the letters up. It has a notch in the ring that is facing down with the letters facing up so I assume that's correct. What is confusing me is all the other early twins I have rebuilt have the scraper with a bevel, with the bevel facing up. I found a link on this site that shows that I installed the rings correctly. I hope.

http://www.hondatwins.net/forums/40-engine-discussion/39480-cb200-piston-rings.html

This is a restoration bike, the engine is back on and running well. Compression is 150lbs each cylinder, Spark plus are a nice tan brown color. Just was wondering about the ring orientation as sometimes I am getting a wisp of smoke coming out of the breather hose. If I put my hand near the opening, I can feel slight pressure pulsing out.

Here's a couple of pics of the restoration.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
It's standard industry practice that letters or manufacturers markings go up. Doesn't matter if it a Honda motorcycle or a Cummins diesel.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
I agree, Bill. It looks like it would be sitting on a showroom floor on display.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts