Honda Twins banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any reproduction stock style pipes out there for a Black Bomber ?

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
:!:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
otr002 said:
No repo pipes that i know of, but you can get repo K1 pipes :) they just don't have the first frame mount, unique to the K0, but in all intense and purposes are a good replacement, only the enthusiast will pick the difference ;) Available through CMS or search Italy ebay.

Rod from OZ :cool:
Would the pipes you speak of bolt right on without modifing ?

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
If you do a search on this site---- KO Silencer mounting brackets--- you will find info & pics you need there . Regards Chris

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is the forward bracket really necessary ?
I mean if you don't care if they look exactly like the K0.
The K1 doesn't use them. Right ?

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Correct...Other than the front brackets, they are virtually identical

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
otr002 said:
No repo pipes that i know of, but you can get repo K1 pipes :) they just don't have the first frame mount, unique to the K0, but in all intense and purposes are a good replacement, only the enthusiast will pick the difference ;) Available through CMS or search Italy ebay.

Rod from OZ :cool:

Huh...can't find any. CMS shows they're out. Couldn't find them on Italy ebay.....

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
You will find that if you use the Silvers exhausts you can use the original KO rear mounting brackets ,they don't have to be K1 they will fit fine.You may want to cut the length of thread on the exhaust studs wherev the brackets mount.,they protrude through the brackets further than the original ones did and I think if become rusty or gunged up may be difficult to remove brackets in future. Regards Chris.

·
Registered
16 Posts
What's a set of decent k1 pipes worth? I've them on my bike but I'm thinking about doing a 2-1. Haven't decided but if I could break even with a little power gain I might do it.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
brokenglass said:
What's a set of decent k1 pipes worth? I've them on my bike but I'm thinking about doing a 2-1. Haven't decided but if I could break even with a little power gain I might do it.
Are you considering selling your K1 pipes ? Condition ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts