Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody tell me if the linkage plate (with shoes and internals) from a '72 CL350 or a '74 CB360 would fit in the hub of a '71 CL450? I can't seem to find a complete CL450 front wheel setup so I was wondering if the hubs I have could work...there's a rim I'm looking at but the internals are being sold separate. Bummer.
-Mike

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
NO.... The 350/360 plate is a smaller diameter (Too small for the 450 hub).....However, a late model 305 (CL77 or CB77) brake-plate WILL fit a 450 hub....You may have to adjust spacing to center the wheel...
A complete 19" CL 350 (or 18" CB) wheel/brakes can be fitted (same axle diameter) but will have 36 instead of 40 spokes.....(again, spacing necessary)..and slightly smaller brake diameter....
If you look in my C 200 "drum to disc conversion" topic (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36&start=0 ) the OD of several wheel hubs/plates is given (with pics).....I now have a 350/360 (brake size) wheel on my 90....
Is this for looks/styling or operation?

·
Registered
86 Posts
There's a separate brake plate assembly on eBay for the low, low price of $99. Seriously though, I've seen brake plates show up pretty regularly on eBay for much more reasonable prices.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
donny662 said:
There's a separate brake plate assembly on eBay for the low, low price of $99. Seriously though, I've seen brake plates show up pretty regularly on eBay for much more reasonable prices.
That's the one I was looking at! He parted his rim rather than sell it whole. I don't want to pay that much for the brake plate...maybe for the whole hub as I would just lace it to my CB450 hoop. It's just frustrating because I haven't seen one for sale in a while.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
66Sprint said:
NO.... The 350/360 plate is a smaller diameter (Too small for the 450 hub).....However, a late model 305 (CL77 or CB77) brake-plate WILL fit a 450 hub....You may have to adjust spacing to center the wheel...
A complete 19" CL 350 (or 18" CB) wheel/brakes can be fitted (same axle diameter) but will have 36 instead of 40 spokes.....(again, spacing necessary)..and slightly smaller brake diameter....
If you look in my C 200 "drum to disc conversion" topic (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36&start=0 ) the OD of several wheel hubs/plates is given (with pics).....I now have a 350/360 (brake size) wheel on my 90....
Is this for looks/styling or operation?
Thanks, I'll take a look at that thread. I never have luck finding the info I need when I search. I actually have a complete CL350 19" drum setup. Seems to bolt up nicely with the exception of the spacers (1/4" gap?). I may just work with that, it's just that it's more narrow than my stock rim and it might bother me. And to answer your question, It's for looks really as I think the drum setup is cleaner...plus I can ditch the resevoir. I'll keep looking!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts