Honda Twins banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had my seat reupholstered by a local shop, who I think just used whatever foam they had lying around, and not a firm foam needed for a motorcycle seat. It was better than the seat before with next to no foam, but I am still sinking all the way down to the seat pan. I just bought some extra firm seat foam, and I am looking for pictures of a CM400 seat without the cover installed, so I can hopefully replicate the stock foam shape as best I can.

Any help is appreciated, google was flooded with a lot of cafe style seats etc, and not too many pictures of stock seats.

Thanks!

·
Registered
138 Posts

Footwear Shoe Tire Automotive tire Floor
Let me know if you need more, thought I had one without the cover but still looking...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let me know if you need more, thought I had one without the cover but still looking...
Nice pictures, the side on view is great. Do you have any pics of the rear showing how much the foam is built up over the top of the pan? Same from the front? I am guessing if I have those pics or dims I can extrapolate the rest from the curve in the side on picture. Thanks so much for the pictures!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Excelent, thank you so much for the pictures, I think I have a decent idea of what the foam is going to need to look like, obciously I will need to adjust to fit my aftermarket cover, but this gets me so much closer. Since you might know, are the factory seat covers glued to the foam at all?

·
Registered
138 Posts
No glue to the foam! Underneath on pan and on cover if not using v tabs cut into pan.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No glue to the foam! Underneath on pan and on cover if not using v tabs cut into pan.
Awesome thanks, I ended up tackling this the other weekend. Turned out great. I forgot to take a finished picture, but here is a couple of shots of it in progress. It was unfortunate that the shop used so little foam, now that the seat height is built up a bit, the places where the cover was attached to the V tabs are now pulled up higher onto the sides of the seat, but unless you are looking close it isn't too bad. And I was able to reused the pink foam as a final top layer. Comfort is soooo much better now, not quite perfect, but enough that a 4 hour ride wasn't a problem.

Food Cuisine Dish Snack

Footwear Leg Shoe

·
Registered
138 Posts
You did an excellent job on the foam. They say that is 20 year foam, so it should last. No pics of the final results tho? Here's my latest look on my cm400 stock seat conversion. Stock pan and foam, reshaped and recovered. Bit of a vintage feel with the combo of diamonds and tuck n roll. Seat is super comfortable.
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Automotive tire Tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Grille
Also my cj360t with shortened stock pan and shaped foam, even more comfortable than my cm400?
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Fuel tank Automotive tire

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I was too excited to get out and ride, and now I forget to stop and take a pic when I take it out and ride. Maybe Sunday will be nice, tomorrow is supposed to rain unfortunately.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts