Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started a new thread because I finally remembered how to post pics. These things are a little harder on dialup! Found this on Craigslist 2 weeks ago. Had no problem giving the guy the full asking price of $395. Good title, tank, seat, exhaust. 9300 miles. Not running. New battery was first, then had to order new petcock for tank. New fuel lines, inline filters, and a good carb cleaning was all it took to get it running. Put just a few miles on it so far, but it seems to be a good, solid runner. Really dirty. Still can't decide what to do now. Clean it up and ride it? Restore it? Flip it? Anyway, new tires, tubes and rim strips are next, tires are near new but severely cracked.

[/img][/img]

·
Registered
357 Posts
Great find :!:

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Znabb said:
A running CL450 with only 9000 miles for $395. Well thats a real find. Looks like a solid bike with a nice patina. If it were mine I would just clean it up a bit and then just enjoy it. :D
Agreed. nice catch!

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Just go to agree with the others,
Ride and enjoy.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Great find! Looks just like the one I picked up on CL last year, except for the grips.

Ride it and enjoy.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm leaning toward keeping it. At least until I finish the other CL450 I've got in pieces. It will be far from stock, but it wasn't nearly as nice and complete as this one. This one will make a great bike for running errands and stuff. May put the huge luggage rack from the other bike on this one. Ugly but useful. Or build a saddlebag for the right side from an ammo can or ??? Planning for tapered roller bearings for the steering neck, bronze swingarm bushings and fork seals really soon. That may be all I do to it besides a good cleaning.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got back from a short ride. Can't go far, not legal yet. I've forgotten how small these bikes are! Haven't ridden one since the '70s. Feels like a 20 inch bicycle to my 6', 250 lbs. Gotta get those new tires and get this thing inspected. Only problem with safety inspection was left turn signal not flashing. Both bulbs would light but not flash. Changed flasher, then they would flash, but one side flashed fast and other side slow. Pulled all the bulbs and found one with a different wattage than the others. Bought all new bulbs, (1156 I think), and now they work fine.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
She is a real beauty. I would keep riding it, after all how could you turn it down. I almost picked up a CB400F for $700 last week. It is so hard to pass up these great deals. So many projects so little time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts