Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Lincoln, Nebraska (GBR)

New guy here, first post. Recently acquired a 1971 CB350 and I'm trying to restore it to it's former glory.

The answer to this question seems obvious, but I figured I would double check before ordering a rebuild kit. When draining the fuel tank I noticed when I put the petcock to reserve I only had fuel steadily running out of one of the 2 lines... that's not normal is it? What could cause that? The fuel lines are not clogged.

Thanks,
Sean

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Actually that is common. With the fuel flowing, put your finger over the outlet that's flowing the most (obviously after donning all appropriate safety equipment and observing applicable cautions and warnings). The flow should then increase from the other outlet. If it doesn't, then you have a problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I also noticed I have a slow leak coming from the petcock right out the face of it where the selector switch is. Is it just the spring washer behind it or am I missing a gasket there?

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
There's a seal behind the lever, a rubber disc with four holes in it.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
All that's in there is that washer("gasket" part number 16953-283-000 ). Sometimes you can turn it around so the other side faces the lever and get it to seal. The back side of the lever needs to be flat and smooth, polish it up with a piece of 1500 grit sandpaper on a flat surface.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Or you could just google the part number and get a new one:

16950-292-000

1 - 7 of 7 Posts