Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two petcocks a CB200 and 200T they're just about the same on the inside. I'm having quite the ordeal over getting the gasket inside the valve to do it's job right. I have new gaskets for them both (the 4 leaf clover ones) It seams that part of the trick is to assemble the valve in the horizontal orentation untill the two screws are down so gravity doesn't pull the gasket down any or I get total valve disfunction. But I'm still getting a small amount of gas passing the valve in the closed position. Anyone know how the heck do you put these things together so that they don't leak??? Is there some sort of sealant I don't know about?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It look's like I've solved the problem-it was the petcock to gas tank screw allowing gas into the gas bowl of the petcock. It will need to be sealed at the base as gas can not only come down from were the screw enters the tank but also by way of the fuel opening for the petcock; so the sealant needs to be at the screws base not up at the threads- I'll post as soon as the RVT sets up and I know if it worked.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure enough once the sealent hardened on the base of the mounting screw the last of the leaking stopped. The sealent needs to be on the base not the usual threads as gas can pass to the screw from the port that is in front of the screw, pass between the tank bottom and petcock top, and then down the screw.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts