Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to disconnect the fuel line and the brass male end came out with the line! I jammed it back in and it hasn't leaked yet but that can't be good. Can this be fixed? Replace the whole thing? It was lealing a little already from the connection to the tank.

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
The brass tube is originally just a press fit.... Tap it gently in tight...No leaks= tight enough...

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I feel a lot better and I get to use my favorite tool, a hammer!! Kidding. I need to take it off to replace the o-ring at the top anyway and throw on new fuel lines. Maybe I will turn my drill press into a regular press and make a jig to hold it. Or I could just use vise grips or large pliers to do it.

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
Doesn't require THAT much pressure.... a couple light hammer taps will suffice....

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"...It is WAY more fun to be at WOT on a small engined bike (as opposed to riding a monster engined bike only slightly above idle) .... "66" ... "

Thanks 66, I was riding my blue bomber yesterday and got a lot of looks from very expensive sport bikes and HD's. My bike cost less than slip on muffler. These 450 twins have a great feel to them.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
1971 CB450 said:
"...It is WAY more fun to be at WOT on a small engined bike (as opposed to riding a monster engined bike only slightly above idle) .... "66" ... "

Thanks 66, I was riding my blue bomber yesterday and got a lot of looks from very expensive sport bikes and HD's. My bike cost less than slip on muffler. These 450 twins have a great feel to them.
+1. :D

My friend paid more for open mufflers and air filters for his HD than I paid for my bike.

·
Registered
363 Posts
4 ounce brass hammer put my petcock together just fine

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
As you can see....This is a common complaint, but easily remedied....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts