Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a member of the SOHC Forum for some time now.

I don't know where to find parts for my '74 CB200 and I'm finding that I am struggling to buy from places other than eBay.
Can I suggest a sticky thread that allows people to add suppliers.

An example can be seen here: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=743.0.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Try North city Vintage honda in the Seattle area, they have a pretty good parts selection for most Honda Twins.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Always give your local Honda dealer a try. They may surprise you some times. I am lucky to be close to one that specializes in vintage Honda parts and has bought old inventories to cater to the vintage bike hobby.
Wester Hills Honda in Cincinnati can usually help with most parts.
www.westernhillshonda.net
Don

·
Registered
207 Posts
You're lucky that you can deal with Western Hills Honda in person. They're very difficult to deal with, otherwise. Useless website- lists all parts, numbers, etc., but you have to email or phone to verify if the parts are actually available! I followed their ridiculous business requirement, and never received a return email after waiting a week. Great. Called them on the phone and rattled off 8 long parts numbers to a parts person, nothing was available- gee, thanks for the help and wasting both of our time. :x

Why doesn't their parts business function as smoothly and professionally as CMSNL's website? Theirs shows inventory on hand, pricing, click, click, done and parts are on the way. No waiting for verification, no phone calls needed to recite all of your 11 digit Honda parts numbers. They've never messed up an order, either. This is a top notch vintage parts business, and is highly recommended! :idea:

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
odin836 said:
I've been a member of the SOHC Forum for some time now.

I don't know where to find parts for my '74 CB200 and I'm finding that I am struggling to buy from places other than eBay.
Can I suggest a sticky thread that allows people to add suppliers.

An example can be seen here: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=743.0.
If you look in/on the board index, there IS a "vendor links" section...You just have to look....

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Concerning Western Hills Honda, I do just drop in there and it is really nice to be able to do that. I was just there yesterday and by now know all of their people. I understand what you are going through though. The only person there that really can help you with vintage parts is Terry. Ask for him the next time. I will tell you though that while I am there for whatever time that is he is always being paged for a phone call, very busy. I am surprised they didnt have what you needed.
Don

·
Registered
207 Posts
Apparantly that's the reason for the big differences in our experiences, now I understand the problem. You know them personally and come in and order your parts at their location. From what you've related, they only have one person who is able to fill orders, and he's clearly shorthanded and too busy to deal with phone orders. I think their attempt at ecommerce is poor, and doesn't function well at all for their customers. What's the point of having a web site if you:
1.) can't tell if the item is available or not.
2.) you can't purchase it online even if it was.
3.) you have to phone in all of your 11 digit parts numbers to verify availability and price.

I just did yet another $200 quick parts order this afternoon to www.CMSNL.com I found almost everything I was looking for, with some items even pictured- smooth and hassle free. Even with them being in Europe, I expect my order to arrive in five days and be 100% correct as always- I didn't even consider wasting my time with Western Hills Honda. Why would I?

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I just checked out the CMSL website and it is very cool. Never heard of them before. I will still stop in at Western Hills but keep these guys in mind for when I cant get my parts locally.
Thanks for the tip
Don

1 - 8 of 8 Posts