Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm sure we all spend hours trawling through the internet searching for spare part numbers for our older hondas/updated numbers etc. & I'm sure some of us find them,some of us don't.Wonder what everybody thinks if we pool our knowledge together and put as a permanent thing in manuals/spares section.
I think ideally:-
1/ Model, year, Where to find fishe on the net or a part number numerical index.
We could then just find ,print list and all take with us to the jumbles and rumage with a bit more idea.
I know CMSNL are the main site we all use but even they do not have some fishe models.
Anyone think this worthwhile and how to do? :D Give me a spanner any day.Regards Chris.

·
Registered
439 Posts
not sure of the copyright legality... but in another group, we make paper copies of service manuals for each other. cost about $10 with shipping and everyone is happy. maybe we can do a similiar exchange plan here? i bought my fiches sheets on ebay for 2 bucks apiece and my fiche reader for $20 resale at the local college. have not had problems finding honda fiche but i guess it could happen.

as for online fiche? is use bikebandit.com
http://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brilliant-thats just what I mean .I've been on bike bandit a few times and never spotted the fishes and I've been restoring 10 years+ .So without paying anything its just an idea to point people in the right direction without copyright issues eg:-
FISHES & FREE PARTS SEARCH ON THE INTERNET LINKS :-

1/ http://oemparts bikebandit.com/
2/ www.cmsnl.com/
3/ www.lings Honda.com/ (IN the UK)
4/ www.david.silversspares.co.uk/(In the UK)

Even something as simple as this would be helpful and I'm sure it would help find unobtanium parts for us all???Any additions?? We all like looking through the interesting sites anyway\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\/ :D That was a full stop. :D Give me a spanner any day :D

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I've typed the bike bandit and lings honda bit in wrong but clicking on the other two gets you straight there.This could be really quick & helpful.If somebody does produce this right they will need ammending.Give me a spanner any day :D :D

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey I like this -thats another one I'd never heard of.Who's going to volounteer to put them all in one place.Give me a spanner any day :D

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I'll leave that decision up to one of the more experienced mods or an administrator..

Somedobdy HELP!!!! :lol:

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
439 Posts
hmmmm, seems my fiche source is no longer in business! too bad, really nice guy. i did a quick purusal of ebay and fiche there range from 3.99usd (FREE shipping!) to 9.99... anyone have a fische source to share?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts