Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm parting out a 78 cb400t, the engine and seat are sold, everything else is for sale, it does not have a title. I have quite a few othe parts for cm's A's and cb 400's. Pm me what you need and I'll see if I have it and we can talk price. I have more parts than pictures, I live in N. E. Pennsylvania. IMG_1052.JPG IMG_1060.JPG IMG_0485.JPG IMG_0487.JPG

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Sorry Galt, I don't have one that's much good, you could,try K R Cycle Salvage in Barton NY, there's a good chance he has one, he has been in business for about 40 years and he's not much of a talker, mostly "Yup" and "Nope" but he's a good guy. His phone# is (607)-699-3937, I don't think he has a web site. Oh, by the way K R stands for Kenny Rogers:grin:

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Unless that power chamber is rotted and crumbling away, you should be able to rescue it. If just rust is the issue, an overnight soak in vinegar should do it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll have to look again but if I remember correctly the two that I have are really rusted and some of the tabs where the header pipes and mufflers clamp are missing plus a few dent here and there.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks for the posts. I'll take a second look at it and may try the vinegar soak, and seal it with a spray. It definitely wasn't crumbling so that's a silver lining I guess, but fully covered. Thanks!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Do you have a carb bowl for cb400a? (others fit just not sure what years and models) One of mine has the overflow tube split

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I do but only the side without the accelerator pump, I also have a complete set of carbs that are in good shape (vb24c, 1980-81) if your interested.

·
Registered
54 Posts
80hondaf,

Are those spoked rims suitable for a 1980 CM400E? (I’m wondering about the rear wheel offset.) How much would it take to get them to southwestern New Hampshire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry, I haven't been on here I awhile, the wheels came off a cm, the chrome and spokes are a little rusty but I would let them go for a reasonable price if your still looking.

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Do you have any of the original airbox parts? Specifically looking for the cover, screws, and rubber gasket. Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Do you have a stator on hand?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts