Honda Twins banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a storage problem and two bikes that need to be cleared out.

The CB450SC is pretty much complete. Tank, exhaust, carbs and engine NFS. Many powder coated parts

The VF500F is also mostly complete. Tank and front end NFS

PM me for detail on parts, pics, pricing and shipping.

All items located in Newark, Ca.

20180122_124416.jpg

Before I took it apart.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

I'm not trying to get rich. I just need to not have a whole motorcycle in pieces living in my jeep. Let me know what you need and we can work it out.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW, both bikes have clean CA titels but I have not registered them in my name. The nighthawk would cost $120 to bring current as it is on PNO paid till October. The Interceptor has like 4-500 in back fees. Both frames are clean and straight.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got these pulled out, '82 CB450SC fork ears. Pics tell the story. Straight with some surface rust.

20180222_132003.jpg

20180222_132013.jpg

I'd like $5 plus actual shipping cost.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most of them. What are you in need of?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Any Chrome that's not rusted or that's only slightly rusted, ignition switch ( because I think the one I bought from Canada is the wrong one), definitely need a tachometer, probably the cable too, it's rusted or at least the pin that goes into tachometer body is, I need the it's either the throttle or the clutch cable bikes outside under a tarp it's pouring down rain or I'd look it got melted by the exhaust system well partially it still works, just some of the outside casing melted obviously wasn't secured right I don't know much more than that so far I've barely gotten into the service manual and only got the body apart I don't want to start messing with the mechanics or the electronics till I get there in the book although I do need to look at a wiring diagram and see if the PO screwed me. I need the dummy lights panel too, you know the one with the turn signals high beam and overdrive light, also need the ignition switch cover

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll be hard pressed for chrome as the PO of this '83 had most of it powder coated. I'll look on the shelf though. Don't stress about wiring. These bikes are wired really straight forward and it should be pretty easy to locate and properly repair any issues.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you let me know which ones yes. The frame, swingarm, fork, front fender, side stand and center stand are all coated, the front wheel as well.

I got some stuff organized for you today, I have a tach, unknown condition but free if you want it, throttle cables, clutch cable and ignition switch. I also have a chrome front fender in decent shape, can post pics if you are interested.

I got a surprise when I removed the ignition switch. See pics.

20180414_181343.jpg

20180414_181353.jpg

My plan had been to pull it and test it on my bike. With that wiring situation I won't be doing that. I have the key and it feels good. I think it would work if it was rewired.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i want tach, throttle cable,clutch cable, and ignition switch for sure (price?) . I have OEM pig tail Will wire it to it or so i think i do. It has an extra wire coming out the back of harness female plug with a extra female single prong connector (i've seen ignition switch pig tails with this extra prong) I'm so confused by OEM ignition switch its not even funny.

Please post pics of swingarm, forks, and fender powder coated parts

It seriously does not look like that switch is wired right!!:D

·
Registered
47 Posts
also opposite the handlebar lock theres a flat plate on the ignition switch. Can you see if you can locate the key code on that flat plate and tell me what it is? it's very lightly printed on it.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
131223H35 is printed on the back of the cylinder. The key is marked H35 as well. I didn't look at the wiring a whole lot but the unconnected wire in the plug is green and is probably just missing its jumper wire like the others have.

More pics tomorrow when it's light.

PM me your address and I can get an idea of shipping

·
Registered
25 Posts
do you by chance still have the fuel tank? I am in need of one I recently bought an 86 and the tank was rusted thru, the guy I bought the bike off of put another Honda tank on it and well I can stick my arm underneath in between bar and tank. just let me know.

·
Registered
25 Posts
do you by chance still have the fuel tank? I am in need of one I recently bought an 86 and the tank was rusted thru, the guy I bought the bike off of put another Honda tank on it and well I can stick my arm underneath in between bar and tank. just let me know.
I am going to apologize if the NFS means not for sale.. Can someone point me in right direction for where I can find one.

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The tank from this bike went to my daily rider. I do have a tank available but it is dented up and has a really bad paint job on it. If you're interested I can get pics of it.

Reactions: snyper316

·
Registered
25 Posts
The tank from this bike went to my daily rider. I do have a tank available but it is dented up and has a really bad paint job on it. If you're interested I can get pics of it.
Well dents beat holes but yes pictures and price would be kool. I also found guy didn't must not have cleaned carbs.. Left cylinder has no colors till you get passed 3000 and the right seems to burn lean. Plus it sounds like it has valve chatter. I took my stethoscope to try and pin point it but really couldn't first honda street bike I've owned but first street bike I have is 83 venture. Also do you know where I should look for backrest and luggage rack?

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sorry for taking so long to reply.

20180127_154018.jpg

20180106_130911.jpg

·
Registered
167 Posts
Do you have a right side muffler that the chrome will clean up well and no dents or rot? I am in Canada so shipping north is required too.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts