Honda Twins banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Good to see you are back and that you have overcome your health issues. I may still be interested in some of the parts and may also have some of what you need for your K6 CB450. What in particular are you looking for?
right now A shift drum that has the bearing and pin plate attached that isn't warped. That is my biggest need lol

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
right now A shift drum that has the bearing and pin plate attached that isn't warped. That is my biggest need lol
So it sounds like you need the drum and all the parts encompassed within the lines denoted by #6? Or do you need the forks as well?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
NOpe. just the stuff in 6. I mean I guess I could take all the other parts off the one I have, but I noticed that screw (21) is staked. And using an impact driver with a JIS bit I wasn't able to get that screw to move at all. even with heat and cold shocking it. Hammering the bolt to break it free, etc. I stopped before trying to force it too much to not strip the head. I have 2 sets of shift forks all but 1 center fork are good. I had to drill that one out to get the pin out that the head had broken off of. I tried to use the drum out of the K1 engine, but the neutral switch side hard rusted solid to the neutral switch and had major pitting....

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
OK scratch that. I got mine to work. Required using a dial gauge and caliper , some v blacks, and polishing compound and a polishing wheel to buff off the high spot. Works like a champ now. Thanks everybody! I will be getting my pictures and lists of stuff for sale off the K1 soon. I keep getting side tracked by work. lol thanks!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts