Honda Twins banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had planned to wait on this but noticed a few posts looking for CB450K1 parts here. I recently acquired a 1968 CB450 K1 in red. It's mostly there but sat up outside. Has quite a bit of rust. The header pipes are good, one muffler looked good till I got it off and the bottom was rusted. I have the gas tank off now and its rusty and full of crud. some pinholes but it's mostly there and dent free. I had planned to pull parts, clean them up and list them on ebay, but if you guys have a list of stuff you are looking for I will try to prioritize what I pull off to clean up. I had planned to restore this bike myself, but upon closer inspection it would be too much of a money pit for me to do at this time. I also picked up a CB750 and GL1000 that are in much better condition I'd rather drop my limited free cash into. Any proceeds from the sale of these parts would go into that. I'll also have to warn people I am slow to getting around to stuff. I was healthy and care free till I hit 45 a year or so ago and all the sudden I got IBS. It has put a real damper on my life and its hard for me to tell when I'll be feeling up to doing anything these days as it heavily depends on if my IBS is flaring up. All those years I was worried about cancer and heart attacks and it appears I will meet my end by pooping to death. lol IMG_3443.jpg

·
Registered
550 Posts
If the other red side cover is in the same condition as the one visible in the photo, then I would be interested in buying the set. My crusty K1 is the same red, but with the wrong type side covers. I might also need the front fender if it is in good shape.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Yeah I responded through the K1 gas tank thread earlier about some of these parts. I’m also interested in those side covers, the right muffler depending on rot, headlamp and shell based on condition. Maybe even the gas tank side panels. Need more pictures to better evaluate.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will go out with this list and do some checking this weekend. Take some pictures ,clean some things up. I'll respond back here next week.

·
Registered
73 Posts
What size is the rear rim? I need one for my '73 CL450 Scrambler. Also, do you have the complete front brake panel? I think they're the same size on the CB's and CL's of that timeframe, but I'm not sure. Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had planned to wait on this but noticed a few posts looking for CB450K1 parts here. I recently acquired a 1968 CB450 K1 in red. It's mostly there but sat up outside. Has quite a bit of rust. The header pipes are good, one muffler looked good till I got it off and the bottom was rusted. I have the gas tank off now and its rusty and full of crud. some pinholes but it's mostly there and dent free. I had planned to pull parts, clean them up and list them on ebay, but if you guys have a list of stuff you are looking for I will try to prioritize what I pull off to clean up. I had planned to restore this bike myself, but upon closer inspection it would be too much of a money pit for me to do at this time. I also picked up a CB750 and GL1000 that are in much better condition I'd rather drop my limited free cash into. Any proceeds from the sale of these parts would go into that. I'll also have to warn people I am slow to getting around to stuff. I was healthy and care free till I hit 45 a year or so ago and all the sudden I got IBS. It has put a real damper on my life and its hard for me to tell when I'll be feeling up to doing anything these days as it heavily depends on if my IBS is flaring up. All those years I was worried about cancer and heart attacks and it appears I will meet my end by pooping to death. lol View attachment 273212
is the right side handlebar control available?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had planned to wait on this but noticed a few posts looking for CB450K1 parts here. I recently acquired a 1968 CB450 K1 in red. It's mostly there but sat up outside. Has quite a bit of rust. The header pipes are good, one muffler looked good till I got it off and the bottom was rusted. I have the gas tank off now and its rusty and full of crud. some pinholes but it's mostly there and dent free. I had planned to pull parts, clean them up and list them on ebay, but if you guys have a list of stuff you are looking for I will try to prioritize what I pull off to clean up. I had planned to restore this bike myself, but upon closer inspection it would be too much of a money pit for me to do at this time. I also picked up a CB750 and GL1000 that are in much better condition I'd rather drop my limited free cash into. Any proceeds from the sale of these parts would go into that. I'll also have to warn people I am slow to getting around to stuff. I was healthy and care free till I hit 45 a year or so ago and all the sudden I got IBS. It has put a real damper on my life and its hard for me to tell when I'll be feeling up to doing anything these days as it heavily depends on if my IBS is flaring up. All those years I was worried about cancer and heart attacks and it appears I will meet my end by pooping to death. lol View attachment 273212
Sorry to hear about your health problem. I would be interested in headlamp assembly and complete wiring system tail light blinkers

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Good luck getting any reply from the OP since the original post is over a year old. Once it was posted he seemed to cool off about selling, in fact I think it was posted elsewhere that he decided to keep the bike, not certain though?
I would suggest checking eBay, there was a K1 being parted out on there recently although not cheap.

·
Administrator
12,942 Posts
Thanks for info
And since you're new here, take a look at the link below and check your Conversations

1 - 14 of 14 Posts