Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Parting out a complete 1978 CB400T in pretty nice shape cosmetically. Seat doesn't even have a rip (that I've noticed). The frame and engine is a CB400T, but the side panels say Hondamatic, and panels match the fuel tank. So who knows how that happened. The bike shows no evidence of being dropped at all. Rear luggage rack and high way/crash bars are clean. Bike rolls very easily, rear brake works but is very stiff to move. Shifts into all gears fine. Only shows 13k miles. Now the bad... Both spark plugs are broke off in the hole with the center gone. Can possibly be tapped out, haven't tried. And the engine is seized up. The carbs also feel seized. The front brake caliper and lever and lines are missing. I have no key, and no paperwork for it. So unknown condition of inside of bike. I will be trying to get a key tomorrow for it. The stickers for Fort Rucker indicate expired in 2008, so likely sitting since shortly after that. Interested in any parts, just let me know.

I part out a few bikes a year typically to help fund my own motorcycle hobby. I personally have a 08 Yamaha R1, 07 Kawasaki ZZR600, 81 Honda GL500 Silverwing, and 85 Honda Magna 700. And what's eating up most of the money is my Fiero GT engine swap at the moment.

I'm currently parting out a 86 Honda VFR 700 Interceptor, 2002 Honda CBR600F4i, and the Honda Hawk. But will possibly be obtaining a 77 Honda Goldwing GL1000 and 86 Honda Shadow 700 this week as well. If any of those bikes interest you for parts.

I also sell on ebay. but for forums I usually just send a Paypal invoice. I usually join each bikes forum to offer the bike to the members first. My user name on ebay is: locomojo8504

Feel free to PM me about anything. I'll see about getting more pictures soon.

38820.jpg

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
You may want to offer the 77 GL1000 complete front end (fully complete forks, trees, brakes and wheel) over at http://forums.sohc4.net because this is a popular period correct upgrade for the SOHC CB750.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Fork tubes are a consumable, don't worry about rusty tubes just adjust pricing accordingly.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Pm me gas tank/seat/master cyl

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am interested in the rear wheel if it is a spoke wheel.
Actually all I need is the hub if you are willing to cut the spokes and just ship the hub.
Could you get me a couple of pics of the hub and any part numbers if there are any so I can verify that it is what I need.
I am hoping that it is the part number listed in this link
https://www.partsfish.com/oemparts/a/hon/506e4c3ff870022eb0c025f0/rear-wheel

Can you send me a total shipped to 45701

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
I'm pretty sure the bike is a T2 which has Comstar wheels. The T1 was spoke wheels.
The tank stripes in the picture are for a T2.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just a couple pics, requested from members. Been raining here and haven't got around to moving my other bikes to get this one out in the sun to take good pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How about $50 for crash bar with highway pegs. All brackets and hardware included. You pay actual shipping cost. I'm out to town right now, so can't get any pics of it to show you. Or to take a closer look at it. I looked it over some before and don't recall it having any kind of road rash or any real rust/chrome flaking problems.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts