Honda Twins banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
If you have an old one, take it to an auto parts store or a motorcycle shop. They'll be able to match it up. Fiche lists the size as 2.8mm but o-rings usually are listed by internal and external sizes.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Suprised you found one. Those things difficult to find and usually involve buying the whole used needle assembly. 20$ shipped is robbery, can't say I wasn't at a point once where I might have considered it though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Suprised you found one. Those things difficult to find and usually involve buying the whole used needle assembly.
You're right, here in EU Honda is not selling them anymore.

If you have an old one, take it to an auto parts store or a motorcycle shop. They'll be able to match it up. Fiche lists the size as 2.8mm but o-rings usually are listed by internal and external sizes.
Was looking for a stock one, but if there is none, it would be the next step.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I have some loose o rings some are 2.8 inside dia. One looks like a o ring and one is a little thicker. Also have a small mettle washer. Pm me with your address and I will send them to you. If they work your welcome to them if not your not out anything.

Bill

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
You are right, rubber NOS are not necessarly the best thing to use. BUT it's better, much better, than nothing ;-)

And if you follow your link, you'll be able to read this:

Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

They just ran out. The price isn't shown when not available, but like I said, try looking at other honda equipment companies. I have gotten O'rings from local Honda car dealer for my bikes.

·
Registered
132 Posts
So does anyone know what the outside dimension of the 2.8mm o-ring is?
I’m in need and McMaster has 6mm and 6.6mm OD o-rings and I’m hoping one of these will work. I’m about 135 miles from my bikes and won’t be anywhere near them anytime soon, so I’m asking.
Adam

·
Registered
132 Posts
I’m working on the carbs for my CB450K1, but its the same o-ring on my CB160 carbs.
And they can be had from McMaster; a 100 pack for 6.44, a 10 pack for 6.06 or 3.42, all depending on material.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts