Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Honda CB500T with the stock Keihin carburetors and I’m in need of another (brass?) plug.

It’s not a jet or any adjustment screw—just one of the plugs you remove to hook up your gauges, as indicated in the attached photo by my trusty, official, vintage, Honda flat head screwdriver.

Anyone got one or two lying around the shop that they’re willing to part with?

Lemme know!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It’s a “vacuum intake hole plug” that sits above the smaller idle limiter.

Hmmmm, spot the typo...

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I believe I have one for you! is this the carb. drain bowl screw you're referring to? If so, would a 450 screw work? I'm out of town for awhile starting Friday but it it fits I can send it when I return next week.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply.

The shape of this plug/screw may be similar to a Keihin float bowl plug, but I don’t think they’re the same part number or dimensions. I would assume a float bowl plug won’t work.

Later tonight, I’m going to take some close-up photos and measurements of the one original plug I’m using on the right side carb. I’ll update this thread accordingly.

Currently, I have an unmatched aluminum plug salvaged from a different but similar system. So I can ride my bike, but I’d prefer to have the proper part in place before the season ends.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I know exactly which plug you need, and I have a couple spares. If you haven't found one yet, PM me a mailing address and I will drop one in an envelope.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts