Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where Pamco Pete is? I had an issue with the Pamco on my 1975 CL360 and was emailing back and forth with Peter to troubleshoot. Long story short, he was going to send a replacement unit out....that was on August 30th. Haven't heard from him since. Tried to follow up few time but nothing. Anxious to get the bike back on the road.
Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
@Tools haha, I know...

Yeah, putting points back in is an option that is looking more and more likely
Just do it.

I may never get another EI now since I've gotten so good at adjusting my points LOL

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Put the points back in and ride while you wait.
Or just put the points back in and ride. Period.

Put the Pamco in a similar spot to where I put the ridiculous refund checks you get back from companies when you close out an account and they owe you $0.22, or the checks from a class-action suit that you happily await and then it's worth $3.60... not worth the effort to bother saving, but you just can't throw it away either.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I can only say.. read all the threads, do your dilligence, make sure your electrical system and contacts are in good condition before purchasing and installing ANY electronic ignition...
And by all means ...KEEP YOUR POINTS SETUP!

·
Registered
866 Posts
Close to 4K miles on my system once I set it up correctly.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Does anyone know where Pamco Pete is? I had an issue with the Pamco on my 1975 CL360 and was emailing back and forth with Peter to troubleshoot. Long story short, he was going to send a replacement unit out....that was on August 30th. Haven't heard from him since. Tried to follow up few time but nothing. Anxious to get the bike back on the road.
Thanks,
Eric
Please resend your Email with your address for a replacement.
Pete

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks,
Eric
Please resend your Email with your address for a replacement.
Pete
Thanks Pete. I've emailed you my contact info

·
Registered
33 Posts
****, good for you! I've been waiting a year and a half for my money back for that piece of junk ignition that failed. Never got a response from 'ol Pete once I showed him proof of buying it directly from him. Points sure are great.......

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Replacement unit arrived yesterday. Thanks Pete.
Installed replacement unit this weekend. Took a fair bit of time to get it timed just right (combo of moving plate and individual sensors, but finally got it spot on and bike never ran better). Another thing that I noticed on failed ignition is that upper left sensor wire had begun to rub on rotor (even though I followed install instructions and image best I could). Perhaps that led to it's demise. This time to hopefully avoid that, I spent some extra time pre-forming that wire to nest into the upper most part of the points housing as best I could.

·
Registered
309 Posts
The install instructions tell you route the wires in a way that almost certainly will cause them to become chafed or melted. Use some ingenuity and a little common sense and take the installation instructions as a "general guideline" for how to run the wires.

The biggest weak point of the system is the wiring right at the circuit boards that runs out from the points housing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any body else have the left cylinder stop working after installing the Pamco ignition and driving for about 30 kms . Funny thing is that when i slowly pull the plug wire cap off the plug the cylinder fires up and runs if you leave cap loose at the end of the plug. If you push the cap back on the cylinder stops firing again. ????

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I had the same issue with my Tr**mph, I can't remember what the remedy was though, but I can say it wasn't the EI. If memory serves me, it think it was a plug or a bad ground.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts