Honda Twins banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Cl350 Cl175
23 Posts
If you are inclined to stay with points, I highly recommend getting the Hondaman ignition (transistorized ignition). It uses less voltage, makes starting easier, and best of all... Once you set your points/timing, you never have to set them again (Just check timing every few years).

Hondaman has been making these for 4 cylinder engines for a while, and finally released a unit that fits our twins. It is awesome.

awesome. I will definitely check it out.

·
Registered
Cl350 Cl175
23 Posts
Mine stopped firing one cylinder. One of the wires broke off the circuit board inside the plastic box, because of tension in the wire routing and lack of strain relief. I made sure the wires had more slack and added some strain relief, and my Pamco has worked for years, now.
Yea I figured something like that. I will see if that is what happened to mine because I did like the feel of my throttle response with the pamco.

·
Registered
18 Posts
jammer, the SOHC4shop email doesn't work. I get an "undeliverable" reply.

I can't beleive I missed out on Pamco stuff. I have been waiting years to get this bike going again and now it's just a lil too late no way hah

Are there any options remaining for the 350 twin with total electronic advance?

·
Registered
Cl350 Cl175
23 Posts
Mine stopped firing one cylinder. One of the wires broke off the circuit board inside the plastic box, because of tension in the wire routing and lack of strain relief. I made sure the wires had more slack and added some strain relief, and my Pamco has worked for years, now.
looks like I found the issue with my e advancer unit. that circuit got fried somehow in the top left corner.... bummer.

Attachments

·
Registered
893 Posts
looks like I found the issue with my e advancer unit. that circuit got fried somehow in the top left corner.... bummer.
Solder a wire in to replace the foil and see if it works. Are you running a new electronic regulator/rectifier? Originals have voltage spikes and aren't reliable enough for electronic parts. Also make sure your grounds are clean and solid.

·
Registered
Cl350 Cl175
23 Posts
Solder a wire in to replace the foil and see if it works. Are you running a new electronic regulator/rectifier? Originals have voltage spikes and aren't reliable enough for electronic parts. Also make sure your grounds are clean and solid.
I have a common motor reg-rec combo. i may try your idea on the unit though. should I try and remove the piece that is there now or just leave it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
should I try and remove the piece that is there now or just leave it?
Look up how to do a "bodge wire". They're extremely small gauge wire and it's a common procedure. Leave the old trace there or scrape a microscopic space in it with an xacto knife. Again, just look up the procedure and it's spelled out there.

Boomer, isn't it possible to absorb these spikes with nothing more than a capacitor? They used to be called "condensers" for a reason.

·
Registered
Cl350 Cl175
23 Posts
Look up how to do a "bodge wire". They're extremely small gauge wire and it's a common procedure. Leave the old trace there or scrape a microscopic space in it with an xacto knife. Again, just look up the procedure and it's spelled out there.

Boomer, isn't it possible to absorb these spikes with nothing more than a capacitor? They used to be called "condensers" for a reason.
cool thanks

21 - 28 of 28 Posts