Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is to let the members know that Pete is a man of integrity that stands behind his products and is committed to excellence. I had a problem and pete not only rectified it but was interested in what caused it so if it was a design flaw he could improve his product. It is a pleasure to deal with such a good company with such good products Please use his products he deserves it

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
I agree. I've had nothing but the best experience in dealing with Pete also.

In fact my Pamco unit went out altogether when one of the wires broke off from the e-advancer board. And while attempting to repair it by soldering back the wire, I pretty much mangled the board also. There really wasn't much room to work with for soldering work :-(

Even with all that Pete still refunded me back my money when he couldn't send out a replacement.

The one thing I observed that would improve the design a lot

Stronger/better gauged wires should be used as the ones on the Pamco now are way too flimsy and are prone to breakage/failure from heat and vibration.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I'm glad your experience has been positive, it's a really cool product!

I wish I could have kept using mine - for the sake of anyone who reads this and takes it as gospel, I think it's important to provide a balanced perspective. Myself and a number of other people on the forum have had a really, really hard time working with Pete (by the last count, I have 3 unreturned PMs and 2 unreturned emails to Pete, after he answered the initial few, so I know they're going through). I know he probably gets bombarded sometimes, but I know I'm not the only person who has swapped back to mechanical points because their PAMCOs started acting up and they couldn't get anything fixed or supported. In my case, my left sensor stopped firing entirely, and Pete went dark after committing to sending a replacement rotor and getting my shipping information. I don't know how Pete decides who to support or not, but at the very least an "I'm sorry I can't help you because..." would be closure and not a loose end.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
I love my PAMCO ignition. It has been on the bike for two seasons and failed I would go buy another one. I have a huge amount of respect for the work he has done. He is an average guy not too much different from any of us. He invented this product, refined the design and got it put into production. It is a awesome system, more advanced than any of the competitors. It would be nice if his business was larger. But so many of the people feel so neglected. I have been riding Hondas for nearly 50 years and have bought new and used bikes from dealers. I have been treated worse by mother Honda herself.

·
Registered
554 Posts
For sure - I would never argue that you're liable to receive better service from a dealer :D I'm just tempering what was otherwise an unqualified endorsement, because like anything, your mileage may vary. It's a great system, but some of us wish we'd had the same stellar product & customer service experience that you guys have had.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts