Honda Twins banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1986 Honda Nighthawk S, 1998 Honda Valkyrie Tourer, Looking for a K1 CB450 in red
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought my first bike two weeks ago today, a 1975 Honda CB360T, and have put a little over 100 miles on it since registering it nine days ago. I always admired motorcycles but did not know I would really want one until I took the MSF course in July. I know that a 42-year old bike will need TLC as I own it, but I think that will make riding more rewarding.

I am fortunate enough to live where there are state parks, twisty roads, and beautiful scenery. It feels like I've gotten more than my money's worth for the bike with just these first 100 miles, and there is so much more riding to do.

So far, the two improvements I want to make are stabilizing the clutch lever (it wobbles vertically so I will either add a washer to hold it or replace the lever/perch), fixing the hi-beams (turning hi-beam on just turns off the head light and side markers currently), and having the work done during recalls done since the engine has not been stamped with either dot from recalls. The previous owner updated the suspension, sprocket, seat cover, front fork seals, and chain (with one designed for a 1000+cc sportbike). I thoroughly cleaned the bike, polished all the chrome, and waxed the gas tank and side covers to spruce the bike up a little and give it the love it deserves.

I appreciate all of the content on this site already - it was incredibly valuable while shopping for my first bike. So, thank you all for helping me get started.

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts