Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to reassemble my engine and I just had a thought about my piston pins. My cylinders were just bored to .50mm OS with new oem pistons. I was thinking I’d just reuse my old pins since they fit the new piston bore and the rod nicely. But I’m wondering if I need new longer pins to go with the larger diameter pistons? Or will the original standard sized pins work with the wider piston?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Yes, I reused mine (0.50 oversize pistons) after making sure that the wrist pins were in good shape (no excess wear).

·
Registered
170 Posts
There is only one length piston pin...

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Actually you can buy the hardened material in jobber lengths and cut it to the length needed. You do have to uyse an abrasive cuter on it because it is too hard for a saw. There is a machine shop near me that will cut them to custom lengths.
TOOLS

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
You should compare the weight of the stock pins against replacement parts. Some replacement pins are made of thicker wall material than OEM pieces and will be heavier. Adding weight to the piston/ assembly will make a BIG difference in vibration levels.

·
Registered
818 Posts
stock

Actually you can buy the hardened material in jobber lengths and cut it to the length needed. You do have to uyse an abrasive cuter on it because it is too hard for a saw. There is a machine shop near me that will cut them to custom lengths.
TOOLS

Nice to know, please could you supply the address please ?? The address of the "tube" supplier please.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
The machine shop I was referring to is Russell Karting. Their address is 500 S Co Rd J, Raymore, MO 64083 (816) 322-3330. I do not know who their supplier is, but if you need some I am sure they will help you out.
TOOLS

1 - 10 of 10 Posts