Honda Twins banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting the cylinder head off the block I had the cylinders checked by a reputable machine shop. The rust in the right cylinder has pitted the cylinder walls and an overbore is required. He says at least .7 overbore. I see lots of piston/rings sets on fleabay. Whats the best size to go to and any issues with wrist pins, etc?

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Third oversize is .75 mm over.... get a third or fourth over set... THEN have it bored to fit the piston and rings you end up with.....I'd go 4th over.... pins, and clips will fit
YOU WILL NEED 4-SPEED PISTONS, the domes are different (higher) on the 5-speeds

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Good question.... Try on ebay..... Bird had some ( not sure of size).... just keep looking... They do show up occaisionally......

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Trust your machinist - he does this for a living.
Sounds like he's recommending at least third over (0.75 mm).
However, bomber pistons in any size are hard to find, you may not get to be choosy......

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I've got a set of NOS bomber pistons but they say "50" on top of them in ink... So unless you figure out what to do with a head swap or find a better set of 4 speed jugs then you'll have to keep looking for .75 over pistons...

GB :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
gaillarry said:
Just put a bid in!
Looks like it's all yours :D I know no one from this board will bid against you :D i hope :cry:

Rod from OZ :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
gaillarry said:
Rod from OZ: . I searched Ebay but never came up with these, thanks, a good starting point.
It's all in the way you search ;)

·
Registered
439 Posts
bid? did someone say BID!?! :shock: where? where? where?

just kidding here.... good luck with the auction man! :)

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
gaillarry said:
EBay saved the day - I now have two new .75 pistons and rings on the way !!!
And the crowd roared, the crowd cheered and then the crowd went home :lol: :lol:

If you need pins/clips they are the same as the Kawasaki k900 :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts