Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had a float issue I hope I resolved, got on a ride and lost all spark.

There has been an intermittent sparking uissue ever since I ahve had the carbs off, so I hope it's some loose connection IDK.

In any case bike is for sale, someone with cash comes along, I just have a feeling I'd do better with a bigger beater (have in the past)

In the mean time it';s my only shot at transpo that I desperately need.

What I am wondering is can the CDI be tsted at all?

I also found this, how could this work? It's cheap enough, if it came to that could I uses this?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Racing-CDI...B450SC&hash=item3d653849c0:g:TrIAAOSw8wFa--f6

·
Sensei
27,171 Posts
You would need TWO of those (and a knowledge of how they work), so I'm going to say you would be wasting money and guaranteeing further frustration......

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK now I feel stupid, but happy. Kill switch faulty, just need to figure out how to wire it always hot without taking the handlbar cluster off (no impact driver, stuck don't wanna do permanent damage)?

·
Sensei
27,171 Posts
Just unplug the black/white stripe wire going up to the right handlebar unit...... will still "kill" with key switch, but not otherwise......

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well honestly I do need to sell this bike and move up to something bigger, but now that it runs, gotta love it through the next couple monsths while I get my cars runninga nd one sold. Praying it works out, frustratiing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts