Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are out camping this weekend in Bastrop, TX and came across a car show while giving the 450 a more through shake down. They wanted me to enter the bike but we didn't have the time and the bike isn't show ready yet.

The front brake squeal is driving us crazy.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
The bike looks slammin'
I like your bike in particular because it looks custom without detracting from stock appeal.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Yeah. That bikes not "show ready" like I'm not..................well.............never mind.

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
J-T said:
Yeah. That bikes not "show ready" like I'm not..................well.............never mind.
Thanks, it's not bad from 5' but there is still a lot of chrome work and instrument work and new cables to be done before I'll call it "done".

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
The bike looks absolutely stunning Mike!
I have the squeeling on my CB500 Four (same system) and it's not only when I use the brakes. Sometimes it starts squeeling, quip ... quip ... quip ..., around 30-40 mph so driving through a village can a be very embarrassing experience. :roll:

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
The only cure for my old CB750 sqealing brake was to remove the rotor and deglaze it with a pnuematic angle sander with Scotchbrite pads on it, and to do the same to the pads. Then check the caliper adjusting screw, ride, re-check, ride, until it was right. Then in about two weeks it would come back.. :roll:

GB :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sometimes you just can't catch a break when it comes to camping. It's even worse when your freshly restored motorcycle and want to do some riding.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I went for a rip on my gixxer today. Check out 2:20.

I almost clipped a deer too. Feck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts