Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. After looking at all your beautiful bikes it's an honor to be here. We are a new co. out of Queens NYC and a team of 4. I am the founder and designer on these cafes/brats. The first pic is the bike I built that inspired me to open a shop out here purely based on my obsession with vintage hondas and other makes and the others pics are and will be the build we're working on. So far we've spent about $5k on top of the donor bikes cost of $1000. The paint alone by Mike Wambold in PA was around $1500. He specializes in museum quality restos so the bike is no joke. We started on March 20th and have this week the frame is in powdercoat (gloss black). Included are the spec sheets and building plans. I don't want to give away any of our ideas but I am also so very grateful to this particular forum for the information, if this helps anyone with their build I'd be happy :) Enjoy - Joshua at ClubmanCycles.com

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Here's a drawing I did for how we wanted to change it up. It's loosely based on the "Speedster". The paint sceme, pipes and rear end will be changed up pretty differently but we really love what they did before VC closed down this year. There will be shorty baffles and a nice handmade larva seat to boot.

CMC Sketch 1.jpeg

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Hi Josh,
you wouldn't happen to have a starter clutch of a set of springs from one for the 350, would you?
I'm in brooklyn.

·
Super Moderator
5,921 Posts
I assume there are no air filters, other than a possible window screen on the velocity stacks?

I never understood a street bike designed with no air filter, just a rock filter.

The bikes look nice, for sure, but velocity stacks aren't really ideal for street riding. Fine for a track day or museum piece, but not ideal for real riding.....Guess if the owner is looking for a centerpiece, and not a rider, the stacks are fine.

I like your initiative and energy, I hope you evolve into a builder that not only makes a good looking bike, but one that is truly a functional bike for riding.....Too many builders are building bikes for a look only, with no regard for functionality.

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
It's great that you have found a way to do what you love!!
Good luck
lOOKS LIKE A COOL SHOP

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I like it! Keep doing what you enjoy! They are YOUR bikes, and your opinion on them is the only one that matters!
TOOLS

·
Sensei
27,018 Posts
Artisticly he's fine....
It's the mechanical/structural/engineering design flaws in his drawings and in the bike pictures that would likely get somebody hurt.....JMHO....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When this bike is done it's going to be amazing. Can't wait for the world to see it. A lot of love and hard work is going into it and I appreciate the people who help me out as I am still learning. I'll post pics in a few weeks when it's all buttoned up. Thanks for those who support us and the scene out here in nyc - love and peace - Joshua

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
man, I don't mean to get on your case. I'm in brooklyn. I know the builder of the triumph on your site , and it's not you.
Tighten it up. make a name for yourself with a few bikes, but I have to say , from what we've already seen, you maye be jumping the gun a tad launching a brand. I am, however , glad you haven't named it something like "wrenches 'n rust" .

1 - 20 of 65 Posts