Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure I understand how this happened and with 2 bikes no less.
It's not like they were going at speed or anything.

·
Super Moderator
10,182 Posts
Yeah, I actually saw that one previously and I wondered at the time why they seemed to choose that spot to pull off the road, which is what it looked like they thought they were doing... bad idea when combined with a massive bike that will not be held back once it starts going in the wrong direction. there was no real shoulder there, so maybe I can understand one of them making the mistake - but both is weird

·
Registered
287 Posts
I went to YouTube and watch the whole thing w/ sound. Rider one said he hit a hole and tried to correct. I didn't see a hole, except for maybe a divit right on the edge. Fair enough. I'm guessing rider two had one too many at the last stop. He wasn't talking because he was still under the bike I think.
Different subject- the camera guy...he had convex mirrors. Anyone use those ? I guess I could get used to them maybe.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
It can be a ton of work to get a piece of agricultural equipment that size picked up when it tips over a bank.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Once I helped a guy with a Goldwing 1500 who got down on the road in front of my house...he dumped the beast in a curve which is pretty wicked,,I guess he got scared and left the throttle, lost acceleration and bum, instantly on the ground...plus a big lady on the backseat...we got it back on 2 wheels but man was that thing heavy
the goldwing not the lady :)

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
That was a pretty steep hill, you notice the car was spinning its wheels trying to get going. I think they were both in too high of a gear for the hill and lost momentum causing them to fall into the turn. The hole in the road was the cliff in the middle of the turn.
TOOLS

1 - 9 of 9 Posts