Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen this bike on CL for a few weeks now and I am tempted to pop on it and build out a cool custom for me. Its only a 90CC but you can get a big bore kit and make it a bit more peppy. What I really like is the fact that it has a dual range transmission and if I really wanted to take it on some old dirt roads or across a field I could. They want $650 for a running bike - no title - repainted - missing top cowl and rear gas tank. Have not seen it in person.

https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/mcy/d/honda-ct/6269269702.html

IF I were to build it out I don't know if I would got for the adventure route or the street custom. Here are some "postie" ideas that I have seen on the web (different models):

Love this color

Reactions: bilbikek411

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
I had one of those bikes as a kid (sadly no pictures and can't even remember what year is was) but I do remember it being a great bike. Dead reliable and tons of fun, it went absolutely everywhere without complaint. I really want to get another one that will be a keeper but they are hard to come by in this area. One of these days.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Like this? Yep, I had one too. But mine was a CT200, the pushrod engine and no 2 speed trans, it had the overlay sprocket and a short section of chain in the toolkit. Circa 1969

Trailbla.jpg

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
I had use of my dad's 71' CT90 same as the one Curtis is looking at;we used that little bike for yrs. and I rebuilt it once,then my 3) younger brothers got a hold of "the girl's bike" and they killed it..

·
Registered
590 Posts
I had a 1969 Trail 90. I have a proclivity for acquiring "one year wonder" bikes for which sourcing parts is nearly impossible. I couldn't find, amongst other things, a decent airbox for it so down the road it went. I'll find another one in better shape some day, as they pop up here every so often. I only paid $100 for the bike, but it turned out to have more issues than I had money that I cared to devote to it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So what do you guys think of the price? IN its condition I an inclined to only offer $400.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I just talked with the owner and he's deadfast on $650. No sale... :-(

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh my goodness. I went to see it in person just to make sure it was not worth it and I was just horrified at the condition.

JB weld to hold on handlebars
no electrics work
no key or ignition switch its hardwired
front fender was horribly dented in many places
footpeg trundle was broken and missing a rubber
frame tube was cracked at the seat
checked the oil and it reeked of gas
tires were perished
and the best part - it was painted grey with a bristle paintbrush

Honestly it wasn't worth $200. And even after talking to him for over 30 min on condition he only came down $50 to $600. So I left with a clear frame of mind.

:)

Reactions: bilbikek411
1 - 11 of 11 Posts