Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took my 74 honda cl450 out for a ride and when i got to the end of my street started holding the front brake to slow down, then it all stated heading south, bike felt like it was chugging or something but it was all up in my front end. pulled over to look at it and my brake hub (drum brake) rotated and tore out my front brake cable and really messed up my speedometer gauge cable, under further investigation found that one of the bolts that holds the hub still was missing. has this happened to anyone else? is it common? i found the brake cable and have already purchased that but i cannot seem to find the speedometer cable anywhere in the usa anyone know where i can find one so i can get back out and on the open road??

Thanks guys!!

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
There is a "special" locking tab to retain the stay bolt.....You must either have forgotten it, or did not tighten the bolt...........

·
Registered
363 Posts
don't feel bad, its a learning experience, I forgot to tighten the calipers on my speed triple once, good thing the steel braided lines are tough:)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does anyone know of a compatible speedometer cable? like a cb450 cb350 or something?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts